The general objective of this project is to support the dissemination and learning of the experience and good practices of the European regional policy and to achieve greater cooperation between the national and regional authorities of the Latin American countries participating in the project (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru), and between them and their counterparts in the European Union, within the scope of the definition and implementation of decentralized smart innovation and specialization policies at the regional level.
The specific objectives of the project are as follows:
- Facilitate the sharing of information and lessons learned in support and promotion of regional innovation systems.
- Facilitate the sharing of information and lessons learned on the relationship between the regional and national levels of the policy of innovation, competitiveness and smart specialization.
- Contribute to generate a learning and training process in terms of definition, implementation and management of smart innovation and specialization policies, with special emphasis on those based on clusters and innovation in SMEs.
- Identify and develop concrete programs and projects in collaboration with Europe for the development of national and regional competitiveness, which each participating country and region of Latin America can implement in the short term.
- Develop and apply a participatory methodology, based on the mechanisms used in Europe (P2P, learning workshops, etc., in collaboration with the JRC-S3 Platform) between the participating LA and EU regions and countries.
- Promote an EU-CELAC Network for the exchange of knowledge, training and advice with a vocation for growth and continuity after the end of the project, through the maximization of new technologies (in particular the development of a virtual environment and Collaborative Resources 2.0), in matters of regional policy, decentralization, innovation and smart specialization.
- Create a Capacity Strengthening Plan (knowledge, attitudes, values, etc.) in each of the countries, establishing training itineraries aimed at managers and technicians.
- Advise on the leverage of economic resources to implement the initiatives and recommendations proposed throughout the Project, while achieving continuity of the main initiatives launched.